Gocator 3D Snapshot Sensors. Add smart 3D vision to your UR device!
Smart 3D Robot Vision with Gocator
Gocator 3D snapshot sensors are certified for integration with UR3, UR5, UR10, and UR e-series robots- providing robot vision-guidance, quality control inspection, and automated assembly with smart pick-and-place.
Gocator snapshot sensors use stereo structured light scanners that generate high-density 3D data with a single scan trigger. Each sensor offers onboard data processing, built-in 3D measurement tools, and decision-making logic to scan and inspect any part feature with stop/go motion at speeds up to 6 kHz.
You can use snapshot sensors in a wide variety of factory automation applications. Pair these metrology-grade sensors with UR devices for a complete robotic solution that delivers high-performance 3D results in robot vision-guidance, quality control inspection, and automated assembly with smart pick and place.
Sensor-robot integration is easily achieved using the Gocator URcap plugin. Make your robot FactorySmart® with Gocator 3D snapshot sensors.
- 3D non-contact measurement device
- Generates high data density scans in a single snapshot
- Built-in 3D measurement tools
- Robot-friendly for flexible inspection and pick-and-place applications
- Stereo camera design minimizes occlusions
- Easy to mount and setup
- Eliminates need for expensive motion system and removes error caused by vibration
- Rugged industrial design for high reliability and long lifetime
How does it work?Structured light (fringe projection) uses reflections of one or more light patterns projected onto the object to create a 3D point cloud of the object surface. Stereo cameras in the sensor are used to achieve the highest accuracy and sensor stability.
Blue LED produces high-contrast patterns that deliver high-resolution scan results with excellent ambient light immunity, even in challenging conditions. 3D snapshot sensors also produce highly reliable and repeatable results with rich 3D data visualization.
Material Handling, Welding, Matieral Removal, Machine tending, Dispensing, Quality Inspection, Finishing
Universal Robots (UR) Hardware Kits from LMI Technologies
These kits are intended for customers who have a UR robot and want to quickly add a Gocator® 3D snapshot sensor. Two kits are available, one for Gocator® 3210 and one for Gocator® 3506. Each kit includes the respective Gocator® snapshot sensor model and everything required to mount and operate the sensor on a UR robot arm.
Gocator® UR kits contain the following items:
- Gocator® 3210 or 3506 3D snapshot sensor
- Master 100 with sensor power supply and US cordset
- Power/Ethernet to Master cordset, 5m
- Gocator® 3210 or 3506 Universal Robots mounting bracket and screws
- Calibration artifact: 50mm ball bar, ½” sphere (Gocator 3210 kit) or 20mm ball bar, ¼” sphere (Gocator 3506 kit)
- Network cable, 2m
For users that already have a G3210 or G3506 sensor up and running and want to add it to a UR robot arm, you can purchase individual items from the kit (e.g., Gocator 3210/3506 Universal Robots mounting brackets, calibration artifacts) according to your specific needs. This option is intended for users that need a way to mount the sensor onto the robot arm and calibrate the overall system.
Call us at 800-214-0322 for more information about our LMI Technologies solutions