Bottle, vial caps and other fragile operations
The fitting and removing of caps on delicate workpieces requires special consideration.
In laboratories and other applications where the moving of small, possibly fragile parts, including the threading of caps on vials, special care must be taken to keep from damaging the workpiece. Not only will the proper grip strength and torque need to be dialed to the job, z axis travel can pose an additional challenge. Further, how does your process plan to accommodate the variations of threading? Fortunately, there is a compact, rotary gripper module to address and compensate for these challenges.
Why the EHMD?
- Compact 3-in-1 device for rotation, gripping and z axis travel
- Unlimited rotation via integrated stepper motor
- Pneumatic or electric gripper variants
- Comfortable, safe opening and closing of bottles possible with motor torque control
- Gripping force can also be controlled
- Includes compensator for thread travel on z axis
The Festo EHMD is built to address the big challenges that come in the processing of small, fine parts by mechanically compensating for their unique specifications. So whether your threading caps or picking and placing delicate workpieces, the compact EHMD will keep those workpieces intact and achieve the process results you’re looking for.