Festo opened the doors to the newly-built state-of-the-art assembly and distribution center located in Mason, OH. The three times higher warehouse capacity will enable Festo to reach growth targets beyond 2024. Located in a more centralized location will ensure shorter transportation times, faster fulfillment of market requirement and higher product availability. This facility serves the entire US.
The new mason facility features a production area where built-to-order configurations can be customized for North America customers. Being closer to customers will help improve services while reducing delivery times. Festo’s Mason, Ohio facility is within 2.5 hours of all of Allied Automation’s customers.
Roughly 45 acres
Place additional extension capacity on the 45 acre property
Overall useful floor space:
Roughly 18,600 square meters
- Roughly 9,000 square meters of logistics floor space: highly automated distribution center
- Roughly 7,000 square meters of production floor space: SMS (cylinders), SAS (valves and air supply), quality, Customer Solutions
The excellent infrastructure provides numerous highway connections, several airports nearby and a DHL distribution center.
Facts about Mason:
- Able to pack over 1,000 items per hour with a storage capacity of 65,000 bins.
- Our amount of small totes can fill the dimension of three football fields (1,080′ Length x 160′ Width)Mason also features cranes that accelerate faster than a Porsche.
- Speed of the cranes: 20’/s or 13.67 miles/h (6 m/s or 22 Km/h)
- Takes 2 m to have full speed
- Acceleration of crane: 9.84’/s (3m/s)
- Acceleration is higher than a Porsche 911 up to 20’/s