Datalogic is a global leader in Automatic Data Capture and Industrial Automation markets, and a world-class producer of bar code readers, mobile computers, sensors, vision systems and laser marking equipment.
Datalogic’s vision, sensor and imaging systems and solutions are found in over a third of the world’s checkouts, airports and mail sorting offices. Their technology ensures our safety in private information, expiration dates, and security is protected. That customer expectation in packaging and product is always met, and that they continue to innovate how technology, business and consumer interact.
Simply put, they are a company built on innovation.
In the past few months, Datalogic has released a handful of new imaging and sensor technologies.
The new S45 miniature sensor family offers a wide range of product variants and options to solve any kind of application in the market.
The rugged and sturdy 32x20x12mm plastic body, reinforced with glass fibers is a great advantage in harsh environment applications, additionally its reliable sealing technology enhance the mechanical protection degree up to IP67 & IP69k, fulfilling all the existing industrial washing down requirements for food, pharma and beverage industries.
The excellent technical features of this family are a technical reference for any kind of customer needs.
Features & Benefits
- Rugged and sturdy plastic body, reinforced with glass-fibre in miniature 32x20x14 mm format
- The Background suppression models can detect any objects regardless any variety of surface type and color.
- Advanced auto-collimating optics and adaptive threshold system to ensure perfect and reliable transparent detection through any kind of very critical target.
- Precise distance sensor is available as well with good resolution and linearity up to 200mm.
- High speed low jitter contrast sensor up to 25kHz, with White and RGB light spot to cover all the critical application about mark reader.
- The installation is simple, precise and bump safe with S45 dove tail and its special protective brackets.
- Detecting the presence of all object sizes on conveyors for Packaging industries.
- Detecting critical transparent objects in filling machines for Pharma and Food industries.
- Small part detection with maximum accuracy in Electronic and Automotive industries.
- Precise front edge detection and mark reading for packaging applications and paper printing.
- Checking position of objects with high resolution and linearity in control task
IMPACT+ OCR is the smartest solution for variable data printing inspection in the Food & Beverage industry.
Based on the bestselling compact P-Series Smart Camera, IMPACT+ OCR is the first smart camera solution devoted to Optical Character Recognition. It is powered by an intuitive User Interface making it easy to create multiple inspection recipes.Combined with a thermal transfer printer, IMPACT+ OCR guarantees the highest printing quality enhancing the traceability of Food & Beverage packaging processes.
Features & Benefits
- Dedicated User Interface for fast OCR setup
- Intuitive and easy-to-use Operator Interface
- Compact IP67 Smart Camera with rotating connectors
- Fully integrated interchangeable lenses and illuminators
- Lot and batch number reading
- Expiration date verification
- Serial number traceability
They also recently were recognized by the Association for Automatic Identifcation and Mobility.
This award, given annually by AIM, recognizes those who have developed and delivered compelling solutions that contribute to the growth and advancement of automatic identification and data capture (AIDC). The competition was open to all AIM Members and partners around the world to help promote collaboration and knowledge sharing within the industry.
Overall, we are proud to have Datalogic as one of our partners. Check out their products and reach out to an Allied Automation sales engineer if you are interested in learning how Datalogic can benefit your production.