Yesterday was a success! Looking forward to another fun filled day of automation and education!
Allied Automation, a 2019 JA JobSpark Industrial Partner, is in the Manufacturing Pavilion at the 2019 Junior Achievement JobSpark Event!
We are showcasing collaborative and industrial robots from Universal Robots and Mitsubishi Electric Automation.
JA JobSpark: Hands on. Minds opened.
JAJobspark Press Release September 24th, 2019
JA JobSpark is a coalition of educators and industry leaders, led by Junior Achievement of Central Indiana. At the center of their work is this two-day event that will be massive, measured both in square feet and impact.
When our young people know where they’re going, we all advance.
On September 24th and 25th 2019…
- Imagine the Indiana State Fairgrounds filled with hands-on learning experiences that are designed by individual industry teams to align with what that industry will need from its employees in the near future.
- Imagine that these experiences exist as the culmination of a Junior Achievement career-readiness curriculum delivered to many of these students throughout their academic experience, beginning in elementary school.
- Imagine the experience of an 8th grader who walks into these sessions with mostly abstract notions and walks out physically and intellectually activated, with real insights on what industries interest them, what specific jobs are like, and what education is required to do them successfully.
- The community impact of JA JobSpark and the aligned curriculum will be significant.
- When a student has a real idea of what they want to do after high school, they are much more likely to stay in school and graduate. And when graduates enter their next phase prepared and motivated—be it college, skilled trade, or national service—Indiana schools pay less to remediate and Indiana employers can draw from a larger pool of workers ready to contribute from day one.
- These are some big promises to make. But never underestimate the power unleashed by a single spark.