Founded in 1961, WEG has grown into a global solutions provider of industrial electrical technologies. WEG is the largest industrial electric motor manufacturer in the Americas and one of the largest manufacturers of electric motors in the world producing more than 21 million units annually. Committed to growth on a global scale, WEG continually invests in state-of-the-art manufacturing facilities and processes and the development of new and improved industrial electrical solutions. WEG offers a variety of premium efficiency motors. WEG Premium Efficiency motors meet all NEMA Premium and CEE requirements for energy efficiency.
W40- Open Induction- NEMA Premium Efficiency Motors
WEG’s W40 motors are designed for environments where dirt and moisture are minimal. These motors are specifically designed to provide maximum ventilation and heat dissipation. The W40 motors offer low vibration and sound pressure levels additionally to their improved performance. Standard features include three-phase II and IV pole, 60Hz, NEMA dimensions, Class “F” insulation, NPT threaded terminal box and offers a variety of optional features. The W40 motors are used in a wide variety of application including pumps, fans, kneader and mixer machines, cutter and sawing machines, pressing machines, industrial equipment, conveyors, blowers, compressors, machinery, cranes and packaging equipment. The W40 is available in different voltage options.
Three Phase: W01 (Rolled Steel)- NEMA Premium Efficiency Motors
Presenting a whole new electrical and mechanical design, the new platform of Rolled Steel motors are made to run cooler, last longer and to be easier to install and maintain. The Premium Efficiency motors meet or exceed all NEMA Premium requirements for energy efficiency. Standard features include a rated output: 1 to 25 HP, 2-6 poles Class F insulation, double punched base, internal bolts, double shielded ball bearings and rated voltage of 208-230/460V. There are also a variety of optional features available. The W01 motors are used in a wide variety of applications including pumps, compressors, fans and machine tools. The W01 line of motors has an option for you whether your application calls for operating in environments of dirt, dust and moisture, on indoor and outdoor applications or environments or operating where dirt and moisture are minimal
W01-Features that Make a Difference
- New ventilation system for improved thermal performance
- Robust feet design suitable for tougher applications (frames 182/4T and up)
- New and more robust eyebolts design (frames 182/4T and up) plus an additional eyebolt on non-drive end allowing vertical shaft down lifting for frames 213/5T and 254/6T
- Oversized diagonally split aluminum terminal box that exceeds IP55 requirements and is rotatable in 90 degrees increments for flexibility during installation
- Option for internal AEGIS® SGR
- Color coded/numbered leads as standard for easy wiring
- Regreasable ball bearings on 254/6T frame as standard (optional for 182/4T and 213/5T)
- Bearing cap as standard on flanged motors, optional on non-flanged
- IP55 Ingress Protection as standard, being appropriate for severe environments
- Motor frame painting system resistant to a minimum of 500 hours ASTM B117 salt spray test
- Suitable for VFD operation as per NEMA MG1 part 22.214.171.124
Please call us at 317-253-5900 for more information on our WEG products.