To win in today’s global manufacturing world, you need partners you can trust. People and companies that help you build better products. Whether you are trying to streamline production, or cut costs, it’s all about innovation. With a passion for automation, Festo is a perfect company to help us do that. We believe intelligent automation solutions transform the way people work.
Intelligent automation isn’t just about movement. Its movement with purpose. Our goal is to help change how manufacturing automation is done. One way we are doing this is by distributing Festo Remote I/O systems.
What is remote I/O?
Remote I/O systems transmit process data from safe or explosion hazardous areas by connecting binary and analog sensors to the control systems via a bus interface.
Where are remote I/O systems used?
Remote I/O is ideal for use where your application is located in explosion hazardous areas or harsh industrial environments like marine and outdoors. Typical applications include oil and gas, pharmaceutical, chemical, wastewater, food and beverage, and many other manufacturing settings.
Why use remote I/O systems?
Remote I/O systems are described by high functionality and simple handling. They are the right choice when you need to put isolated barriers close to the field devices. You can reduce wiring because the system is usually installed close to field devices. Due to the reduced wiring effort, you save time, money, and work effort.
Building or expanding industrial control systems to provided remote monitoring capabilities can be a challenge. By choosing the right equipment, you can save a lot of time and effort, now and in the future. The devil is in the details, and by choosing Festo remote I/O systems you can choose the best equipment for the challenges you face.
Why Festo can be your best bet for Remote IO on your fieldbus systems:
Festo has been making machine mountable remote IO longer that most PLC manufactures. This provides you the experience and knowhow for the most dependable installations. Festo’s CPX remote IO with IP65 rating can give you the competitive edge.
- Only mount one device for your pneumatic valves, proportional pressure regulators, and IO, saving installation time, space and wiring in a neater package.
- With up to 12 IO modules, you can add more IO to your system with fewer addresses.
- Advanced Diagnostic! Know to the specific input or output short circuits or open loads instead of just a fault. Reduce your trouble shooting time with a quick message to your HMI such as “Clamp cylinder 1 has a short circuit on the extend sensor. Please check sensor cable part number 541341.”
- Greater flexibility and more options on power and zoning.
- Electrical connections to your field devices can be changed to whatever your needs are. M8, M12, DB25, spring connections, and more.
- Modular system allows different power supply blocks, different IO modules, and different connection types. As items need to be replaced only swap what needs to be exchanged instead of a costly all-in-one block.
- Easily configurable in the field.
- Available handheld device (CPX-MMI) allows troubleshooting in the field with the last 40 faults or conditions. Allows the forcing of outputs for set-up on new machines without the need of the programmer for testing or troubleshooting.
- Most major fieldbus networks are supported, such as Ethernet/IP, CC-Link, Profinet, and Ethercat. This also provides OEMs a unique way to standardize on IO regards of the PLC brand and without the limitations most PLC manufactures remote IO exhibit.
- IO-Link is now part of the IO modules so you can take advantage of one of the most import advancements since fieldbus was released. Replacement sensors can be substituted in the field and new model can be loaded with all of the parameters. More information is available from each device. Analog sensors provide better resolution instead of a 4-20ma or a 0-10volt signal limitation. Branch out to additional IO blocks at less cost than additional fieldbus nodes.
Call us at 317-253-5900 for further information on our Festo I/O Products