Be it distance measurement, object detection, identification, fluid or industrial networking – Balluff speaks the language of IO-Link in all areas.
After all, Balluff IO-Link incorporates sensors and fieldbus technology with an extremely wide range of functional principles. Balluff offers a wide range of connectors, connection cables, IO-Link fieldbus modules and IO-Link sensors to fit your application.
What is IO-Link?
IO-Link is the first globally standardized IO technology (IEC 61131-9) for communicating from the control unit to the lowest level of automation. The universally usable interface is a point-to-point connection, independent of a fieldbus, which works with an unshielded industrial cable
What does IO-Link do?
IO-Link transfers sensor signals to the control unit and, in turn, transfers control data to the sensor/actuator level. With ground-breaking consequences.
Advantages of IO-Link at a glance
• Maximum machine availability through extremely fast and error-free replaceability and commissioning
• Demand-oriented maintenance thanks to advanced diagnostics
• Efficient operation through the installation of IO-Link sensors direct at the working area
• Simplified installation through uniform standard interface and 3-wire standard cable as typically used in industry
Balluff IO-Link ensures transparency throughout an automation system. In every area – whether it is logistics, service, production, assembly, testing or packaging. And for every individual application – whether it involves fluids, identification, position measurement or object detection.
Balluff provides you with IO-Link for use in high-performance IO-Link sensors and the best IO-Link networking and connection equipment. All from a single source. This is because Balluff speaks the language of IO-Link for every area and effective principle, resulting in the application of IO-Link advantages throughout a system:
- Easy to install
- Requirements-based maintenance
- More efficient operation
- Highest machine availability
Balluff offers comprehensive IO-Link solutions. Such as for
- Clamping distance and pressure monitoring systems in machining centers
- Part tracking in overall production
- Object detection during assembly
- Gripper and workpiece changes
- Status displays at assembly, machining and testing centers
- Part and fill level queries
- Contactless data and energy transmission
This lets you fully utilize all of the possibilities of the digital communications standard
Call us at 317-253-5900 for more information on our Balluff I/O Link Products.