Are you tired of inflexible vibrating part feeders that only work with one part, cost too much and take too long to design and install and regularly get fouled? If you are, check out the next generation robot part feeder system from Asyril. Asyril’s award-winning series of Asycube flexible feeders offers high performance part feeding, pre-orientation and optimal surface distribution of bulk parts and components.
Asyril’s unique part feeding technology uses a flat platform to vibrate parts along all three axes/dimensions, versus 1-axis with standard vibrating bowls. This additional motion control, coupled with Asyril’s programmable platforms, means that Asycube feeders can sort 99% of part geometries from <0.1-150 mm, and simplify the design process so that time-to-market is measured in hours instead of weeks to months for bowl feeders requiring mechanical iterations for testing.
- Compatible with all part geometries : 99% of parts can be fed on our feeders – including complex geometries and delicate materials
- Minimum production changeover times enable flexible, future-proof production systems
- Extremely gentle part handling due to 3-axis vibration technology : parts can be moved in all directions, including the optimal choice of flipping amplitude for each part. Minimal abrasion as parts do not need to be recirculated. Platform purge possible.
- Advanced reliability and durability due to State-of-the-Art Voice Coil Technology ; no compressed air
- Avoid backfeeding of vibration into surrounding machines thanks to isolation of vibratory platform and feeder base
- Precise part detection thanks to integrated, adjustable backlight / optional SmartSight visual part detection system
- Systematic part orientation can be achieved with intelligently structured platforms (grooves, holes, nests)
- Easy configuration with Asyril’s Feeder Control Center Software
Application Success Story: Asycube 80 3-axis vibration feeders safely facilitate precision feeding and assembly of small gear wheels
Manually fed mechanical press machines are known manufacturing dangers. In the United States alone, thousands of work-related amputations occur among power press operators every year. SMS Spinnler, a Swiss-based developer and builder of automatic assembly machines for the micromechanical industry, turned to Asyril’s Asycube 80 vibrating feeding platform to automate the feeding of small gear wheels, eliminating the need to place hands near a mechanical power press.
Using multiple Asycube 80 vibrating parts feeding platforms, SMS Spinnler was able to automatically feed small parts, axes, and gear wheel/pinion from the bunker. A vacuum gripper ensures all parts are picked in the correct orientation before placing and force fitting them into the work holding fixture, simultaneously flanging them on the peripheral. The force and travel distances of the SMS Spinnler mounting axis are monitored with the highest precision of up to 0.002mm and up to 750 N. Following a 100 percent quality inspection that includes documentation, the vacuum gripper rapidly unloads and palletizes the good parts.
Call us at 317-253-5900 for more information on our Asyril products.